Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? If you are like Dave, you have never even looked. We are currently living in an apartment building in Kalamazoo, MI. It is a very nice apartment community that has many amenities including a dog park! This is perfect for Snickers. There is also a rather large area of grass in between our apartment building and the next one down....this is where we prefer to take Snickers to have a quick romp and relieve some energy.
Yesterday afternoon we took him to the grassy area, and we sprawled out on the grass. Snickers was running around, ears flopping to the wind. I look down, and what do I see? A four-leaf clover (the first one that I have ever found in my entire life)! I carefully pick the clover, and yell to Dave, "look what I found, a four-leaf clover!!" He responds, without excitement, "What does that mean?" Of course, I tell him that it is lucky, and that we are going to have good luck! (Maybe even sell our house this week!) He tells me that he does not believe in such things. Which is okay with me - it is folklore, but I also think it is in good fun - like Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny.
Anyhow - we have not sold our house in PA, yet. We are heading to PA this weekend to supervise the movers as they pack our things - we will close on a house here in Michigan on Monday!! Yippee!! Our new house is similar in size to our PA house - a little fancier - as we can afford "more" of a house here in Michigan. This house already has an Invisible Fence for Snickers - although I am not sure how I feel about him being shocked!! It will be nice to not have to worry about him running in the street.
Well - that is all for now! So far we are enjoying Michigan, and enjoying our new jobs! I will let you know if anything "lucky" happens to us this week! ~J


6 comments:
My favorite verse!! :)
Can't wait to see your new house and new life in MI next month!
Love the blog!! I can't wait to read more. So, next year I've decided we are skipping D.C. and heading to Michigan for a few days. :) Awesome that you have a fence for Snickers! My comments are random, but I'm still so excited you have a blog!!
Cool idea! Have you guys been getting your picks in? Just in case anyone else in the pool reads this, I'm rooting for you. How 'bout them 49ners? :))
"More" house than in PA! Daaang! I can't wait to see it. If only you guys could move to Florida...or Nashville.
Hey Jill!
Great idea, now I can keep up on you guys and what is going on in your life. When you get a sec will you send me your new address, birthdays, and anniversary?
Love Ya,
Halley
Yeah, I have found a four leaf clover, in Dunedin, New Zealand. I didn't get it framed though, so it died.....
Post a Comment