Last weekend we went to a restaurant called Monaco Bay in Kalamazoo. They also have dueling pianos for entertainment while you eat. I LOVE Dueling Pianos! :) For $1 you can request any song under the sun, and the players can almost always play your song - without any music! Towards the end of the night a guy had requested a song by U2 called, "All I Want Is You." His request was that he be allowed to sing it and dedicate it to his girlfriend. I had never heard this song before, but I can say that his rendition was very sweet - perhaps because it was so genuine. At the end of his song, he called her on stage - he got down on one knee, and proposed! She happily accepted.
He rocked the stadium of her heart. Girls like that sort of thing! It is poetic.
Dave's birthday is on Saturday, and he is turning 30!! He does not seem to be too worried about it, though. Snickers and I are leaving early tomorrow morning to head to PA. Dave flew to PA today, as the movers are arriving early AM to begin packing.
I know that he will not be reading this between now and then, so I can tell you that I will do my best on Saturday to rock the stadium of his birthday heart - through football! For his birthday we will be attending the Colts vs. Broncos game next Sunday (30th) in Indianapolis. His favorite team is the Broncos - and his second favorite team is the Colts... Lucky for me they are playing in Indy this year and we can drive there! Saturday night we have reservations at the Circular Dining room at Hershey Hotel. It will be our first time at the Circular Dining room, but we have a gift card that we'd like to use before moving away. It must be very good - I made reservations a week in advance and could only get the 8:45pm slot! Also - guys must wear a jacket, and girls slacks or a dress! It should be fun.
On a football note - I'm back in the football pool this year with my brothers, Randy, Dave, and Roberto (Joey's brother-in-law) - this week I am in first place! I have to enjoy it now - it never seems to last!!
15 years ago

4 comments:
We actually considered that U2 song for our first dance. I think "Grow Old with You" from the Wedding Singer fits us much better though. Have a wonderful birthday celebration!!
How have you never heard that song??!! It was on Reality Bites and I think it was even on Friends. Anyhow- speaking of rock the stadium- when does it start back? Safe travels to PA.
Wow that must have taken you back to Jilly Rolls in Orlando! lol
Aww..I can't wait the rock the stadium show to come back on!! Love it!! Have fun this weekend at the football game! That sounds like a blast. You guys are so cute. :) Can't wait to come visit!
Post a Comment