Today is my mom's birthday.... she was born in '51, so you can do the math!! She is still as beautiful as ever, and has been mistaken for my older sister at times.
My birthday was last weekend - and so when her birthday comes a week later I wonder if I was her best birthday gift back in 1978. I'm thinking - yes, and I mean that in a completely unpretentious way. Just interesting to think about....Children change your lives forever, at least that is what I've heard. (We only have a dog, although he thinks he is our main reason for living)
...I'm so thankful for the one that God did send, to be my mother - to be my friend. :)
15 years ago

2 comments:
That was a very good post! (Made me sniffle a little) Yesssssss I think you probably were her best present! Your bros were even on the ball this year. Well anyway that's what they said. I knew you didn't need any reminder. :) They seem to be doing better lately. Maybe it's because their brain is all in one city now! For those of you that don't know...........Jamey and Joey are Siamese twins and were connected at the head at birth. When they were seperated, they each only got a half a brain so sometimes they need a heads up on things!
Hi Jill - Here it is January 3, 2008 and I'm just now reading your blog entries. I know - that's terrible! Since retirement I haven't been on my computer that much. But, you were definitely my best present in 1978! My best birthday present and Christmas present! When I was pregnant I just knew you were going to be a girl - I just knew it! I will always thank God for the precious gift he gave me in you....to be my daughter, to be my friend! I will always remember "our poem" and notice that you will too!
Post a Comment