Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And they were out of Milk Duds.....


We have had a wonderful "Holiday" from work!! I feel like I can finally use that term... usually Europeans have long holidays - and we managed to have quite a nice break ourselves. It turned out that we only had to take 3 days off of work, but gained well over a week of time off - if you include the weekends!

Our journey started out with leaving Snickers in Decatur. My mom & R and my dad tooks turns watching him while we were in Austin, TX visiting Dave's family. Thankfully we were able to see Joe, Maritza & Jimmy (my nephew) before they headed back to CA. The picture above is how Snickers looks when we leave... quite pathetic, as if to say, "where are you guys going without me, NOW!" Anyway - we had a wonderful time in TX where it was very seasonable. It was fun to see how much our niece, Ava, has changed - she is talking now, and has quite a bit to say. We also finally got to meet Dakota, he is the newest Harder that was born in August. We arrrived back to Decatur without any flight complications - we spent a few days visiting some more with friends and family - then we headed back to Michigan to relax before returning to work tomorrow (Jan 2).

Our New Years Eve started out a little rocky, well actually - just for me!! We decided to go see a movie...and they were tragically OUT of Milk Duds. I truly feel that I am missing the movie-going experience if I do not have my Milk Duds. But, luckily - we went to see National Treasure and it was SO good that I forgot all about my Milk Duds. I am wondering though, why they think it is okay to run out of Milk Duds.... I'm sure they never run out of popcorn or drinks!! Additionally, at $2.00/box... WHYon earth would you run out? Regardless, this is a lesson to myself to start saving my money by purchasing my milk duds elsewhere before we arrive at the theatre.

ANYWAY - we had a WONDERFUL New Years Eve. One of our neighbors invited us over, and they were having some other neighbors and friends over. We weren't sure at first, since we didn't know them very well - but, we decided it might be fun - and it certainly was!! The time flew by so fast we were counting down before we knew it!! Lots of yummy food, games, and laughs. (They even had Karaoke!!) ha.
It was the most beautiful New Years Eve that I can remember. It was snowing from about 8:30pm until morning...we watched as the beautiful snow accumulated outside. One-by-one neighbors and friends began to leave, and so we headed out as well sometime between 1-2am. One of our neighbors that left about 10minutes before us was out shoveling his driveway as we walked out. He has helped us numerous times with our driveway, so Dave and Snickers put on their gear and headed out to shovel at 2am!!! ha. Brings new meaning to "No Time Like the Present!"

Snickers loved all of the snow...he absolutely adores it. So, here are a few pictures of how Snickers looks in and after the snow. Somehow he accumulates snowballs in is fur, that just won't come off until they melt. Meanwhile, he won't sit down and he walks around like a person that wet themselves - because he is just so uncomfortable. It's quite humorous, actually.











4 comments:

Heather said...

Too funny! I love the picture of him in the window. And are those snowballs for real???

Anonymous said...

How much is that doggy in the window? The snowballs are hilarious! He's goooood doggy.

Unknown said...

What a way to bring in the new year....Dave & Snickers shoveling snow! I brought it in with several cold symptoms! Snickers looks pretty happy in the snow. We're looking forward to seeing him (and you two also) again this weekend. He's a reat "granddog"! If we ever decide to get a dog it would have to be like Snickers!

Jamey said...

you should write a book sis...i'm enjoing the crap out of this....got James Taylor croonin in the background.....chillin....Paco says hi....