Well - Tuesday, December 2nd was my mom's birthday!! We won't say how old she is....(but, I'm her baby and I just turned 30 last Monday, sooo...)
You've always been a shining example of strength and determination!! And "nice" - people always say how you are so nice. :) I agree.
As a birthday wish to getting older - I will share something with the rest of the group that you sent to me this week. Apparently, Julie Andrews (Maria - "The Sound of Music") turned 69 recently. Please note - my mom is NOT 69... she is 12 years younger than 69. :) Anyhoo- she performed at the Radio City Music Hall sometime near her birthday, and this is the song she sang for the audience. Please note that it is to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from her movie/musical, "The Sound of Music." Wow -if you've never seen this movie you are missing out!! I think it is my Mom, and Mom Harder's favorite movie! Okay, here you go & enjoy:
Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Cadillacs, cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.
Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.
When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
15 years ago

7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Sheila!!! Hi, to you too, Randy! :)
Happy Birthday Sheila from an old Cheerleading buddy. Loved that picture of you and the kids.
That's awesome! Although being an avid knitter, I totally resent Julie Andrews' knitting needles comment. Haha!
Happy belated birthday to your mom!
Happy birthday Mom! (i did call you!lol)....i got in alot of fights in the neighborhood...because my mom was/is good looking...Jill - you are the cutest baby ever....
Happy birthday Mom! (i did call you!lol)....i got in alot of fights in the neighborhood...because my mom was/is good looking...Jill - you are the cutest baby ever....
Jill, you have your fingers ready to go in that picture! ;)
Thanks for the birthday wishes! And such a cute picture....at least of you three kids!
Post a Comment