Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Johnny Cash Rolled Over



This guy, Adam Lambert, may have caused Johnny Cash to roll over in his grave last night. He sang, "Ring Of Fire" - which June Carter Cash actually wrote... is she still living?? Anyway - his "interpretation" was a disgrace. I hope he goes home tonight.

Did any of you readers care for his performance???

7 comments:

Coupon Queen said...

June died before Johnny...he followed. Haven't you seen walk the line??? Anywho --- my friend Abbi thought it was amazing, but she isn't a huge country fan, and his interpretation, is totally Adam Lambert. I have to say though, I'm a Kris Allen fan, and yes...I have voted! ;-)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't want to hear it multiple times, but I think he did exactly what he was attempting to do. And it wasn't boring, which is not a bad thing on this show.

If one tries and picture theirselves as him (don't read anything into this, just go along with me here), I don't know what you do with Grand Ole Opry week. Except maybe do something incredibly weird like that.

Heather said...

Your title says it all, friend! Ick, ick, ick! I hope he goes home. However, what was he really supposed to do for Opry week? Had he tried to sing that song as it was meant to be, he would have written his own ticket home. I am a fan of Matt G. But Danny G. is pretty good too. You know my favorite will always be Simon though. Let's chat this weekend. Not about Simon. :)

Esther said...

I've not been home the past two nights, so we haven't watched Tues our Wed yet--this guy is kind of cocky, I wouldn't mind if he left--guess we'll find out tonight when we catch up!

Esther said...

We just heard it...and we agree, awful. J said it reminds him of a combo of nine inch nails and Marilyn Mason:)

thebiggsfamily said...

Oh Adam!!! I totally agreed with Simon on that one. It was horrible. I really like that song and now I'll never be able to get that horrible version out of my head. I thought pretty much everyone else did great though.

wrtrgrl77 said...

You make me glad I missed it. You know, some say Johnny died of a broken heart because he passed away just months after she did. So sad, and sweet at the same time! It will always be one of my favorite Johnny Cash songs. :)