So, we had tons more snow today....and while I was out this morning our neighbors across the way...family of 4....were out shoveling. I think they are the only other neighbors on the block that don't have a snowblower. The husband asked me where Dave was at...and after I explained he's been gone on a work trip... they were over after they finished their drive to help dig me out!! It was great... amazing how much faster it goes with a few extra hands.
After about an hour of being inside his wife called and invited me over for dinner... It's been such a fun evening catching up with them, and their girls, and awesome dinner!! I'm so thankful for such wonderful and considerate neighbors. I never have to worry when Dave is gone, I have plenty of friends nearby to help in any situation.
I went out once more in the middle of the day to clear things off again before the piles got too high...and as I headed out the door to their house for dinner I noticed that the driveway had been done AGAIN! This time I could tell it was with a snowblower. The neighbor that invited me over for dinner was across the street learning how to use their snowblower - and he tried it out on our driveway!! How very nice!! This gentleman yelled across.... "Jill you should have told me Dave was gone, I would have done your driveway earlier!" Alas - shoveling is good for the muscles and the cardio workout, anyway..... :)
15 years ago

3 comments:
I'm so glad you have great neighbors...it's nice to know you have someone you can call if you need a hand when you are on your own. I hope the rest of your weekend is goes well--stay warm!
Awwww....How sweet. I don't think our crazy light lady would ever do anything remotely kind like that. I hope we would though.
send me snow!! It was supposed to snow Saturday - I even woke up early to look at the window - and NOTHING. Boo :(
Post a Comment