Well - today is Snicker's first birthday....although we didn't meet him for several weeks later - I think Dec 9th, to be exact. That was the day we picked him out, and put a little blue ribbon around his neck - we went back 2 weeks later to pick up our cuddly and fuzzy little blue boy!
We took him home and he walked around the kitchen, frightened to be more than a few feet away from us.... and whimpering for the companionship of his brothers. It was a long winter - but really fun winter potty training him, and watching him investigate everything for the very first time.
We couldn't ask for a better dog... he has been great. Although, I'm sure I would say that about any dog of mine. He is certainly a part of our family and we try to take him everywhere we go... the only exception is when we have to fly somewhere. :)
So, today is his birthday... he doesn't know, of course - it's just any other day to him!! I was going to get him a gift from PetCo, but.... he already has so many toys and treats. Instead I took him for a nice long walk, and gave him a heaping 2cups for dinner. :) I think he'll settle in after I'm done here with a nice, tasty chew treat.
Well - that's all for tonight. We are supposed to be getting some bad weather in a bit, but so far nothing.... we'll see if the weather guys come through tonight!


2 comments:
Cute picture! :)
Happy Birthday Snicker Doodle! Wish I was there to play with you. :)
Post a Comment