What is a Landitarian, you might be asking....and who is we? The "we" is Snickers and Myself - but, in two different ways.
My friend Mindy came to visit me this weekend (Dave was gone to KS) and while out to dinner we were discussing my hatred for eating anything that comes from the Ocean. I said, "There must be a name for people that do not like to eat anything from the ocean." After all, you have a vegetarian, a vegan, an omnivore, etc.... what about someone like myself. Mindy said, "Maybe it is called Landitarian." And I have to admit, I like that!
......... I will not eat anything from the ocean (unless it's on a work trip, and it's necessary to be polite), I will not eat it in my house, I will not eat it with a mouse. I do not like foods from the ocean, I do not like them, I will make quite a commotion.
To all of you thinking - she's from the midwest, she's just never had good fish, lobster, etc.. Well, I have. My travels with T&L took me to Boston where I had mussels, lobster (tasted like fish sticks) - I've been to Mexico where I had fresh sushi (worse than fish sticks) - I've been to New Orleans, Miami, Rhode Island, Key Largo - everywhere I go, I hear the same thing, "Just try the fish here, it is fresh, you will like it." So, I do - I suffice, but I do not like it in any of those places either.
So - interestingly enough, our dog, Snickers, is a Landitarian also. For starters, I just switched his diet to a dog food that has salmon in it, and he doesn't seem to care for it as much as the chicken based. I can't say that I blame him. BUT - he is a Landitarian in another way as well - he HATES bodies of water. He refuses to step foot in the pool, and he also hates to get in the lake. It's become a mission to get him to enjoy these things. Our house that we bought last fall has a pool in the backyard...we've just opened it for the summer, and here is a short video that I took of "Snickers Encounters at the Pool." Warning: This may be boring to most of you.

6 comments:
Oh, I'm jealous. We've got to find a way to visit each other's homes. Ho hum. Snickers is too cute! And a pool???? Yours and yours alone? Fun!
I have (2) two comments to make:
1. Jill you used to drown "fish sticks" with ketchup and eat a whole bag...back in the day....unless i'm confused with some other breaded meal....
2. Snickers looked "WET" from the "rooter to the tooter" except for his tail...please "tail" me Dave was not letting him "bob" for the ball from the diving board.....please clarify....
Jamey
Dear Jamey,
1. True, I love them as a child - I think I went over and above the love threshold, and that is why - to this day - I cannot eat anything ocean related.
2. It had been raining just before I filmed...so he doesn't mind playing in the rain, just not emerging into bodies of water.
I guess I can understand you not wanting anything from the ocean...maybee.....but how about some deep fried catfish with hot sauce?....its from a lake and oh so good!
Joe
Cute video but the ending was so disappointing (he didn't get the ball). I could just hear him saying, "Why don't you get it for me?" I wonder how many of you landitarians there are? Most people like some kind of fish!
That is funny - I just read this. :) We never did find out our answer did we?? Love your "warning" about the video. I started to watch it, but then stopped after a few seconds b/c realized it would be the same thing the whole video! hahaha After all, I already witnessed Snicker's aversion to the pool. :)
Post a Comment