We've learned recently that Snickers has a major obsession with sticks --- I guess we've known for awhile, actually. He tends to swallow them nearly whole and vomit them up several hours later. Last week we awoke in the middle of the night to him vomiting....not a nice thing to wake up to, you know!
His stick eating habits have progressed over the last two weeks. We believe that it is because he is now detained to our yard only and to finding something to occupy his time outdoors - other than running around the entire neighborhood. So - he has made it his personal mission to find and eat sticks. We didn't realize how obsessive he has become with sticks.
Today he found BURIED TREASURE. Snickers had been outside for about 30minutes..... Dave was watching basketball.... I was on my laptop. I hear the usual sound of snickers knocking at the door, ready to come back inside. When I went to the door these are the images that were before me:
What he discovered was that underneath this tree there were sticks!!! (ROOTS)
He was in trouble....and he had to come inside for a bath - which is something he is not particularly fond of, anyway. Lucky for us we had some dirt to filll in the hole around the tree - and we think it will survive. At least we hope it will.
We'll have to keep a closer eye on him while he is outside - and perhaps find some "sticks" that he is allowed to chew on to help occupy his time outside.

8 comments:
Snickers is so cute.. I'm blog surfing and found your blog.I enjoyed it. Have a good evening.
HAHA - this is funny. I love that dog... good luck though :)
Poor Snickers,how dare his parents limit him to the backyard!
So...have you guys invested in doggy health insurance yet? I'm also recalling a sock ingesting incident:) (Atleast sticks are "organic.")
Snickers has that look like he knew he was in trouble! Maybe you guys should leave him some toys outside to play with or something to amuse him! I'm sure he was so much fun to clean up!
Ha ha that's so funny! What's better is we know that won't be the last misadventure out of Snicker Doodles!
What a funny dog! :) I'm sure that's not what you were thinking when you first laid eyes on him! You should get a cat.
I showed the pictures to Paco. He just shook his head and said, "what a spoiled little brat! If I had a big yard like that, I would be on my best behavior!" ;P
I asked my buddy what to do in this situation..and he told me to cage the tree, or cage the dog. and I said. Ok thanks. Trojan Football Rules!
Post a Comment