I have discovered Dave's new favorite meal - toasted peanut butter and jelly. Last week upon arriving home from work and the gym, I realized that we had nothing substantial in the refrigerator or the pantry to prepare a meal. SO - peanut butter and jelly would be the meal of the night.
Now - back in the day, I am pretty sure I invented this. (At least in my house.) Simply toast the bread, and prepare a PB&J as usual. TRY IT! It immensely increases the tastiness of a PB&J.
After his first toasted PB&J, Dave immediately went to the toaster to prepare his next sandwich. And to add further evidence to my case - he went back 2 more times after this.
Another night this week we were discussing dinner, and he actually requested the toasted PB&J.
I also invented the chip sandwich - you can probably guess what is inside. Some people like to add cold cuts, cheese, and mayonaisse to their chip sandwich - but, me, I just like the chips and the bread.
Anyway - SNICKER UPDATE: He has been shocked a total of 2 times - one time was a mistake. Since then he has been fully trained!! He is now outside at his whim all by himself!! Happy Dog (sort of - he'd rather be roaming); Happy Owners; Happy Neighbors
15 years ago

9 comments:
The ole toasted PB&J. Yep they are really good. Lots easier than a baked alaska too! I have had chips on a sandwich too. When we were kids we were so poor we actually put saltines on our balogna sandwich to make it more filling. :) Balonga, cheese, mayonase and lettuce, layer of saltines, hmmmm try it you'll like it! Poor little Snickers! No more toys from the neighbors garage. :(
Just to set the record straight...it was only 3 and a half sandwhiches. And the only reason for the half was because there was one heal left and my dear wife won't eat heals!! (I didn't want it to go to waste!) -Dave
I have eaten heels before, I just prefer to not eat them. :)
Nice Post. When I moved to Maryland, I was staying with Meador's niece Vicki. She turned me on to toasted peanutbutter and dill pickle sandwiches. I know, I know, but try them, they are good. Of course I never had 4 in one sitting or 3 and a heel for that matter, Dave.
Jill, you did not INVENT the toasted PB&J or the chips on a sandwich. You're fibbing.
Also, what the heck is a heel?? Dave-o do you mean the end of the loaf? You midwesterners are crazy...
Miss ya crew!
Love
Lizabella
I have to agree with Liz. You did not invent either sandwich, although I enjoy both as well. That being said, the end of the bread is most certainly called "the heel." :)
Dave & Jill - Okay - who is the author of the comment that was deleted? Was that you Jill...
Anyway I think you guys need to go shopping if it has come down to Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches! I'd be going down the road to The Big Boy for a slim jim sandwich!! Having said that, our best sandwich, back in the day, was a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich...not sure if my Mom created those or not but we all liked them. We didn't have them very often....you know Marvin - the meat & potato man - but when we did we enjoyed them. Gosh I can't believe there are people in the US who've never called the first piece of bread a heel! But hey - Liz can call it anything she wants...I like her...she gave me some clothes before she left! Of course my sister, Judy, used to call the edge of her bread the bones. She'd always say, "Cut the bones off my bread." Of course we did...she was, after all, the baby of the family! Never had a potato chip sandwich but we used to put them in our ice cream...very tasty! Dave - you might want to try that! I'll bet Snickers doesn't mind the sacrifice of having to stay in the yard since he can be out on his own now for as long as he (or you guys) want him to be. Isn't there always a price to pay for freedom?
Toasted peanutbutter and bananas was the favorite snack of a young elvis presley....Grandma must have been a fan!
Post a Comment