We went shopping together yesterday! Quite an adventure. We do not usually go shopping together simply because Dave gets bored rather quickly. To be fair, I get bored as well - but sometimes you just need to go shopping!
I had a coupon for The Limited, so while I tried on several different outfits Dave sat in the "husband chair". I'm sure you've noticed the husband chair before - or perhaps you've sat in it. At The Limited it is an oversized black leather chair - quite comfy. Dave waited patiently in the chair, surfing the internet on his new Kellogg-issued Blackberry. It was really great for me because I could drop off the things I wanted at his chair......including my purse!
While I was in the dressing room I overheard several conversations amongst friends, family, etc.... My favorite conversation was between a mother and her very little girl. It went something like this:
Daughter: Mom, I see your buttcrack!
Mom: Be quiet!
Daughter: I see your buttcrack, I see your buttcrack, I see your buttcrack, I see your buttcrack!
Mom: Be quiet, I'll fix it in a minute.
Daughter: Ok, but I do see your buttcrack.
Oh - how much "fun" it must be to shop with a child.... or do anything with a child. You never know what might come out of their mouths.
The same sort of things happens with dogs - just not as often. I see it happen several times a week in my daily travels. You take your dog to the vet, you're hoping that he/she will be on his/her best behavior while there. And it never fails - you're standing there talking to the lady at the desk and unbeknownst to you your dog hikes his leg - and you know the rest - right there on the floor. Quite embarrassing for these owners. Snickers has, of course, never done this.... he was fixed at a very young age, so he doesn't even hike his leg.
Anyone have any stories of "Kids Say the Darndest Things?"
15 years ago

7 comments:
my nephew Jimmy once told me that i needed to brush my teeth....i proceeded to punch him in the throat....he has not said that since.....Just kidding! but he did tell me I needed to brush my teeth!
by the way jill, hilarious blog!!!! I can see Dave sitting in the "husband chair" guarding your purse! poor kid!
I'm not sure how funny this is...but, our daughter Ava calls her uncle "Crazy Uncle Dave!"
LOL!
Just a couple of weeks ago I was with my nephew at the park and an Asian woman with 2 small children came over. My nephew turned to her and asked, "are you baby Tori's mom?" He thought that because she was Asian she was OUR daughter's mother. It was cracking me up.
When I take Reba shopping, she knows........NO TALKING in the dressing room!
I have two stories. The first one is about Jill when she was about three. We went shopping and we were back in the dressing room. I was trying on some clothes and all of a sudden I looked around and Jill was gone. I started calling her name but she didn't answer. Of course I was immediately afraid of where she had went. The store was in the mall here in Decatur so I ran through the store looking for her and even stepped out of the store (into the mall area) but no Jill. I knew she couldn't have gotten that far because she was there one minute and gone the next. So, I went back into the dressing room. I heard a noise and looked under the wall (there were some other rooms that were blocked off but you could crawl through to them)and there she was...she said she was hiding from me! I was so glad to see "little Miss Independence" but told her not to do that again.
Second story: About 5 years ago I was at Bergners trying on some clothes and I started hearing these funny noises in the dressing room across from mine. There were two people in there and they were making very unusual noises. I was about ready to tell them to "get a room" when out walks a mother and her teenage daughter who was deaf. Apparently the daughter was communicating to her mother...I really felt bad for thinking bad of them. Live and Learn!
Post a Comment