You may (or may not) be wondering what we did for Dave's birthday --- We both had Monday evening activities, so we had dessert when we got home and celebrated with some of his friends by going boating & grilling out on Tuesday evening. I gave Dave roller-blades for his birthday - something he has never done, and he wasn't too sure if it was "cool" for a guy to go roller-blading, but I assured him that it is.... Plus, Snickers loves to go - and it will be nice to have him along. (Hopefully we do not have any injuries in the learning process, we'll let you know!) This was his birthday breakfast treat, French Breakfast Puffs (aka Sugar Muffins):
So, back to the food discussion.... The pressure was on as I made another attempt at the Baked Alaska, this time for a birthday dessert... (last attempt was Feb for Valentine's day) Please see the link above for previous pictures. You will all be impressed that I achieved the desired dessert this time!! I know Dave was quite proud of me:
The inside ice cream/brownie... Mmmmmm :
And Finally - we attend a Tapas Party this weekend - Tapas are like Spanish Appetizers. So, I made a dip with homeade pita chips...that's right, I cut them up - seasoned them - and toasted them... they were deeeeeeelicious:
15 years ago

4 comments:
Mmmmm...you made me hungry...
Yum-O! Looks good!
Wow Jill - I am so impressed! You must have got your cooking skills from grandma....definitely not from me. Your baked Alaska looks just like the one Glenda made! The other looks pretty tatsty too! It sounds like Dave had a great birthday and birthday week!
Your baked Alaska looks awesome! If you and Martha (stewart that is) were in a bake off you'd take the cake this year! The sugar muffins make me hungry--yummy. Can I get the recipe for the homemade chips?:)
Post a Comment