Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Muskrat Susie, Muskrat Sam

We get to hear all of the neighborhood happenings, now that Dave is El Presidente of HOA. (That is the Home Owner's Association for our neighborhood.)

I noticed as I was leaving for work today that we had a new message on our answering machine. It went something like this, "Hi Dave! This is Mr. Rogers I live over on Fruit Loop Cir. - I'm not sure if this is something the HOA would be concerned with, but we have a Muskrat that is building a condominium for him and some of his buddies on the pond behind our house. If you could give me a call back and let me know if this is something the HOA would be in charge of handling, that'd be great. Thanks!"

Since Dave didn't get this message before he headed to work, I wanted to be prompt and make sure that he knew about the neighborhood situation. So - I sent him an e-mail with the subject line, "Muskrat Love." Dave was enamored with my clever subject line..... but unfortunately I had to tell him that I didn't come up with it on my own -- it is actually a song title.

My first thoughts over this entire incident is that winter is coming!! I don't want them to tear down Muskrat Sam's condo! Where will he and Susie keep warm this winter?? I saw his condo, and it is coming along quite nicely....he has obviously put a lot of hard work into his condo. I will see if I can get a picture of the condo before (if) it gets condemned.

Without further adieu, you should really hear the "Muskrat Love" song: (I think the only reason I know this song is because Jesse & The Rippers sang it once on "Full House". Which is also why I know the completely made up and random "Dad" song. Do you know the dad song? [♫♫Dad, Dad, Dad, he's our Dad...♫♫] This is Captain & Tenille... isn't Tenille beautiful? Who knew?!? :

0 comments: