Sunday, October 4, 2009

We've Been Busy...and noticeably absent!

I'm tired of the fluff.
I'm ready for a change -
How about something simpler?
What do you think?

It has been a cold, rainy weekend here in Michigan... very fall-like! We have done a lot of catching up on work-work, house-work, and shopping-work.

Okay...so shopping isn't really work, depending on how you like or dislike shopping. Really, there wasn't a lot of shopping going on.... but, I decided it was time to get out my "fall" decorations. We recently bought a new coffee table for our living room - and I certainly didn't want to scratch it, so I needed to buy a "fall time" table runner to put my decorations on! It was on sale at Pier 1 - $15.96. What a steal! Wish I had a picture to show you... but I spent way to much time changing the blog layout and header to something simpler and aesthetically pleasing - so yes, I spent way too much time on that to download a picture for you. Apologies.

Dave and I have had dueling laptops in the dining room all afternoon working on work needs. It is budgeting season for Dave. You wouldn't believe the number of budgets, and re-budgeting this man does! ...and it is a new quarter for me! I'm happy about that - it is not quite so stressful at the beginning of a new quarter. If you are thinking I should "be busier" at the beginning of the new quarter, and then maybe the end of my quarter wouldn't be so stressful -- if this thought crossed your mind, let me guess -you've never been in sales. No matter how busy you are the last month, last week, last day of the quarter....always something YOU have to get done or face DEATH. Okay, just kidding - that is a little dramatic.

We've been busy with house work. Dave vacuumed for me! I can get the entire house cleaned, and dusted in the amount of time it takes to vaccum every room... so, it works out perfectly. The pool was sadly closed this weekend, and even more sad it hasn't been warm enough in the last 45 days to even slip a toe into the icy water. Most Michigan residents feel this was the year of no summer.

This is about all for our weekend excitement --- oh yes, we did go see a $4 matinee yesterday. "The Invention of Lying" We do not recommend spending your time or money on this movie. We'll pick better next time. :)

I do promise to blog more often.
I do promise to blog more often.
I do promise to blog more often.
I do promise to blog more often.
G'night Govnuh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! Gudnite Guvs

Dad

Anonymous said...

I like it! And thanks for the rec re: invention of lying...that's one that Andy and I were thinking about seeing. Too bad - it's a great cast.

Liz said...

Welcome back :)

Dave and Jill said...

We thought the VAST majority of funny parts were in the previews...and the underlying message of the movie is questionable.

Heather said...

I love fall! Right now though, my coffee table is full of baby books. :) I may just have to bypass this season and put out the Christmas decorations early to make sure they actually get put out!