Thursday, October 8, 2009

NieNie

Have you heard of NieNie? I noticed on facebook that my Aunt Vera has been reading her blog for awhile, and that NieNie was going to be on Oprah. I have my DVR set to record Oprah...she usually has some pretty interesting topics/guests on - whether you agree/disagree with Oprah - you have to admit she has some interesting topics.

I was completely captivated by the story of NieNie...who is Actually StephaNIE NIElson, fairly famous blogger. I think she had been doing her blog for around two years when her and her husband were in a plane crash...barely survived, and spent months in intensive care. Her blog was well-known for her up-beat positive look on motherhood, marriage, being a full-time mom --- and how she creatively & inspiringly enjoyed that life. She's blogging again, and while LIFE has changed dramatically for her....she remains inspirational to the thousands that read her blog.

Blogging has really changed social culture --- it is possible to "know" someone, rather intimately... but not physically know them at all. I think it is a beautiful little culture. I'm captivated by real life.... I HAD to go to her blog. I wanted to know all about THEIR story. I wanted to read those entries --- the last four or five before everything completely changed for their family. One day life is normal, the next day it isn't. I wanted to know how is she doing now. How far have THEY come?

..... and think about the entries in our own lives and how far we have come.

3 comments:

Esther said...

I Dvr-ed that episode too. It was touching. What an amazingly strong woman (and family--wasn't her family awesome? It made me want to have like six kids--ha ha:) I haven't checked out her blog yet, but want too.

Jackie said...

Jill,
Your Aunt Vera & I have been reading NieNie for a while and there is a post from Cjane (her sister, Courtney) that you have to read. It really sums up Nie & Christian's love and I think you'll enjoy it. I'm Vera's friend, Jackie & we met at a Mary Kay party. I was a dance sponsor with Vera. I'm not stalking, but Vera told me you had watched Oprah & thought I'd share.
http://blog.cjanerun.com/2008/09/i-could-never-do-it-justice.html
Friend Jackie

Dave and Jill said...

Jackie - thanks!! I will check that post out. :) Good to hear from you, I do remember meeting you...and I think your daughter was there, too!

Es - I completely agree with you! Very cool family.