Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Balloons, Birds, and Baby

I have been meaning to get an update blog together for quite some time.... I haven't even posted the 4th of July pictures yet!! So, they will be below - what I have discovered is that we didn't take any pictures of people... as you'll see.

We spent the 4th here in Michigan. In Battle Creek they have quite a celebration with a Hot Air Balloon festival - and THE Birds - Air Force Thunderbirds that is. We live very close to the airport (which isn't a commercial airport, so typically not too noisy), thus we were quite close to all of the action. We were able to see the balloons, the birds, and the fireworks all without leaving our neighborhood - it was great!! Dave LOVED all of the flight shows, and wished he was a fighter pilot. He carried our camera around all weekend. You will see some of the moments that we caught in the slideshow. Some of the balloons actually landed in our neighborhood - they weren't supposed to, though. Did you know that hot air balloons don't have much accuracy as they are landing? It was really cool to see them up close and personal!! Snickers, on the other hand, hated the balloons... the sound that they make as the blow the hot air is a sound he had never heard before - and it frightened him a lot. I was outside doing something, and Dave was still in bed sleeping...when he woke up to the bed shaking. Snickers had jumped up next to him and his legs were trembling in fear! He eventually got used to it, but it was quite scary at first.

And lastly - and most importantly - we have a new nephew!! Esther (Dave's sister), Jason & Ava welcomed Oliver Christopher on Friday, July, 11th. Oliver is a family name from Jason's mom, and Christopher is in memory of our brother, Chris. Oliver was 8lbs, 12oz.... I guess this was bigger than anyone thought, incuding the doctor. I don't have any pictures yet, but I have seen pictures, and he is a cutie!!! Ava is very excited that her baby brother has finally arrived! Next on the list.... my brother and Maritza are expecting a little girl in September.

Without further adieu...a few pictures - mostly from the 4th in Battle Creek & a short movie of Snickers freaking out about the balloons - you can see how hard he was breathing!! (Sorry it is sideways, I didn't flip it before I downloaded):



2 comments:

Heather said...

How did you do that cool slide show? And how can I get my pics to look that clear?

Unknown said...

The balloons are really cool...didn't Kellogg's have one? Too bad Snickers didn't enjoy the day as much as you guys did!