
You may, or may not know that Beatrix Potter is the author of several children's books including, "The Tale of Peter Rabbit." All that I could really recall about this book (that I surely heard numerous times during my childhood) was that Peter disobeyed his mother by going into Mr. McGregor's garden for a feast. What I learned after doing a little further research is that his mother asked him not go to to Mr. McGregor's garden because his father was in an unfortunate accident there and was made into pie!!! What a sad story - but, I suppose the moral is to listen to your mother, or you may be made into pie.
Guess what else? Beatrix Potter was a mycologist - she studied Lichens & Spore Germination. What a strange combination a mycologist and a children's author. Just goes to show you, you can do anything you want - don't put yourself into a category!!
15 years ago

2 comments:
In reply to the comment you left me, the bride already said nope to that game. :) What happened to our phone call today??
Cute little rabbit...too bad about his Dad!
Post a Comment