Friday, August 15, 2008

Favorite Photo Friday

Today would be Chris' 25th birthday! I know Chris has been on our minds today.... as well as Jodi, Dakota, Mom&Dad, Esther&Jason, and Dan&Susan..... A day of missing, and wishing he were here to celebrate the day in a way similar to previous years.

Matthew 5:4: Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

I hope birthday dinners in heaven are endless helpings of all your favorites (with no calories, of course) - which for Chris might be... corn on the cob or pizza hut pizza?

Here's a cute picture of the Harder siblings circa 1989 - Chris is the little one holding the donkey's (Dan's) tail..... I wonder why he might be holding that tail?

We attended the county fair last night - specifically the event in the Grand Stand, which we decided would have been something that Chris would have thoroughly enjoyed ---- Combine Derby! That's right - Combine's crashing into each other. I have a lot of pictures of this event and will post them soon, but here is one just for a taste:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, dave does look hispanic in that picture!!!

Jamey

Unknown said...

If I were a betting person I would definitely say Chris had a wonderful birthday in heaven.  They say that we are here in preparation for heaven.  Although I didn't know Chris, from all I've heard he was more prepared for heaven at the young age of 24 than many of us are at 50 - 60 or even 70.  It still saddens me to think of everyone who was close to him and how they must miss him but if we could get just a glimpse of heaven and what he is doing I'm sure we would be so happy for him.  About the picture - Two comments.  Why was Chris holding the tail?? And, Jamey - Dave does not look hispanic.  Just ask Jill - her first comments about him were, "He's so awesome!"