This is Dave again....gotta give Jill a break from her blogging blitz! I remember growing up as kid that we a had book entitled "Could Have Been Worse." It was about this poor guy that had all this terrible stuff happen to him, and after each tragic episode he would always say, "could have been worse!" My mom would go into her uncontrollable laughing spells that we loved so much as she would read it to us. It wouldn't be long before she would quote it back to us kids if we started complaining.
Tonight Jill and I went mountain biking out at Fort Custer with our friends Nick and Angie. Jill and I had been out last weekend and had taken the "yellow" trail which is the easiest one. We figured it was time to try out the "green" trail tonight which is the intermediate trail.
Everything was going fine and we were enjoying the added technical difficulty that the green trail offered until I had a little accident. I was in the lead and we came around a blind corner that dropped off very steeply and broke sharply to the right. There were also 2 logs built across the path to help stop erosion that had to jump over. I was going too fast for such terrain and ended up running off the path and flipping head first over my handle bars and landing head first like I was diving. (the slang word for this is hebb....ie, Dave had a total hebb on the trail today). My brother Chris did a lot of mountain biking in high school and he had better term for this but I can't remember what it was. I miss him and wish I could just pick up the phone and ask!
So back to my story my crash could have been worse! As you will see in the picture below the strap on my helmet left a perfectly round contusion on my neck....kinda like a cross between ring worm and a hickey. Should make for some interesting conversations next week in KC as I will be meeting all my suppliers. I'll just tell them it's contagious....
15 years ago

3 comments:
HEHHE - I am glad you're okay, but this made me laugh. Go for ringworm explanation
I'm so glad you're okay! I too, remember the Could be worse book--I'll have to look for it next time I'm home, I don't remember how it ends. doesn't he have a dream or something where all the worst things happen so he quits saying it?
do not go for the ringworm explanation...i used that once, and was kicke out the barbershop.....just tell the truth brother!
jamey
Post a Comment