Monday, May 18, 2009

We Raced For the Cure!!

Our Race Day Goods:






The bandana that you see is from a Ford booth! It's very cool - they have the sheet that tells you what the symbols of the Warrior mean. Ford has raised a LOT of money for Breast Cancer Research. I think that's great!! They also have a fancy schmancy Ford Mustang that has a "Warriors in Pink" Package... you can see it here: http://www.fordvehicles.com/warriorsinpink/mustang/



Here we are before the race. We had to take the picture just outside of the vehicle because, of course, neither of us wanted to run with the camera in our pocket!!
Soooo - it rained on us. But, we both decided that the drizzle felt pretty nice during the race. I'm sure you all want to know our times?!?! Dave ran a 30:45, and I ran a 32:30. Soooo... I was expecting about a 10min/mile pace for both of us... and it was close! Not bad since we haven't been training at all. The first 2 miles, for me, went well - but after that I found myself walking a couple of times... after all I wanted to be able to run in through the finish!!! It was really good, though - and it felt great to do it!! I believe our final amount raised was a combined $265!! Not bad!! Thank-you everyone that sponsored us!!!
Here are our after pictures....wet, and kind of cold - but happy:

3 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats :)

Esther said...

Awesome!:) Don't be offended by all the votes to hear from Dave , We are all just really curious what's going on inside Dave's head. :)

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to do this. And great times!!!