Tuesday, June 2, 2009

East Bound and Down, Loaded up and Truckin'!

Just one of the random songs that has been in my head this week. If you do not know this song, I recommend that you rent "Smokey & the Bandit" .... it's kind of classic Americana.

I drove by a trucker today that had this on the back of his truck, "If it weren't for truckers you'd be homeless, hungry, and naked." I pondered this for a bit, and decided he was right. I especially feel sorry for the truckers here in Michigan in the winter ---- most drivers have no respect for what a big giant truck could do to their tiny car with added risks such as snow and ice on the road. Anyway - I thought of that song and that movie when I read this....it is a good 'ole truckin' movie. :)

Another embarrassing moment and random song that I had in my head yesterday was "Mustang Sally". I was waiting in an exam room of one of my clinics for the office manager...it is a mixed animal practice and on one of the walls of the exam room were some pictures of horses. One of which, of course, was a Mustang. Now, in my head, I thought it would be at least a 10 minute wait. I had noticed that they were finishing up a surgery in the other room. SO, of course, I began to sing "Mustang Sally", OUTLOUD. Just then, as you can guess - the doctor rounded the corner...face to face with my silly singing. It was a little embarrassing.

So - I thought you all might enjoy these moments. If you've known me very long, you know that everything I see and read makes me think of song. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haaaaaaa That made me lol. Wish we could have seen it too! Dad

Anonymous said...

ladies and gentlemen, i give you Jill's best post ever!!! good stuff!!!! "we got along way to go, and a short time to get there"....

loves, jamey