Monday, June 15, 2009

Mr. President

There is a saying that goes something like "showing up is half the battle" or something like that. This could not have been more true tonight. I have been a board member of our homeowners association for the past year. Tonight we had elections for officer positions and I was elected President, mainly because I couldn't think of a good excuse fast enough to take my name off of the list. It was interesting to me that the other members who were actually qualified to do this mysteriously didn't show up. One guy that did show up and would have been a logical choice had a run-in with the shower curtain in the bathroom and completely pulled the shower curtain rod out of the wall as he fell into the bathtub during a bathroom break effectively disqualifying himself from the running. It was awkward at the time, but may have been a brilliant strategy to not get elected! As you can see I'm not thrilled with the whole situation, but the silver lining is I'm sure I'll have some funny stories to share about our whiny neighbors. -Dave

3 comments:

Heather said...

Will there be an inaugural ball?

Anonymous said...

its an honor Mr. President.

Anonymous said...

I hope your neighbors don't read your blog!