Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to "The Twins"




I'd like to wish my amazing older brothers a Happy 35th (wow) Birthday!!!
Jamey taught me how to ride a bike when I was just a little tike. I remember that he ran around the entire block with me...and it was a pretty big block!
Joey taught me some skillz along the way, one of which was this expression, "If it's not a life or death situation, remain calm."
They also liked to tell me that I was adopted!
A favorite story of theirs revolved around a race they ran with our dad in Decatur when they were kids.... The Turkey Trot. The story goes that Joey beat Jamey in the race .... but, forgot to grab his stick on his way through the finish line.... and our dad made Jamey give his stick up and give it to Joey. Joe likes to say that Jamey cried like a girl.... I'm sure Jamey has a different side of the story, though! ;)
Happy Birthday Guys! Love YOU!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love that quote! It's helped me many times. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks Jill! such a beautifull bride and baby!...truth be told...Joe would have came in first if he grabbed his stick. I have up my third place stick, and instead of taking home two trophies...Joe took home MY third place trophies...what a freakin knucklehead! LOL

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the day your Mom brought the twins to my house to show them off. It was so exciting to see them & my daughter who was born the last day in March all together. Your brothers looked like little tiny things and my child was already a chubby filled out baby. That was a great day & one I will never forget.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say that the photo of the three of you guys is priceless!!